Summer Student Internship Program 2022
Kyiv Academic University plans to organize the Summer Student Internship Program 2022 for Ukrainian students. The internship could last for 1.5 - 2 months from July to August 2022.
The internship will be done in collaboration with the researchers from various US universities or scientists based at CERN (Geneva).
The project mentors define the research projects in a compact way that they could be done in 2-3 months. The internship will be held remotely, with the weekly reports and the final presentation.
The expected topics in the internship are based on the expertise of the partners: Data Research in High Energy Physics, Machine Learning, Cyber-Infrastructure Development, Data Science, Computer Science.
If you are interested, please fill out the google form so we can get in touch for more information or an interview.
Students who will be enrolled in the Summer Student Internship Program 2022 receive a scholarship provided by sponsors (e.g. IRIS-HEP funding (https://iris-hep.org/) through the National Science Foundation Cooperative Agreement OAC-1836650 as well as private foundation support.).
- To be reasonably comfortable with basic programming through skills acquired (for example) from coursework or dedicated training activities.
- Communication will be done in English.
- To be interested in building on those skills to gain experience through contributions to cutting edge open source research software projects.
- Prior physics knowledge is helpful, but not required.
- Students could be also offer dedicated training activities to help to improve specific software skills.
- Applications from women and members of underrepresented groups in STEM activities are particularly encouraged.